Hiring the right person for event photography is extremely important. The person who is going to share the day with you must be a professional. It is a tough job that must only be handed over to an experienced corporate event photographer.
When hiring a corporate event photographer, here are some things that you must consider before you make a final decision:
- Learn about the style of the photographer. This will help you in picking the style for your event too. You can choose to keep the photos traditional, artistic or photojournalistic. This will give you insights about the personality and professionalism of the photographer.
- Learn about the personality of the photographer. Is he the kind of person you want to hire for the event? Have a conversation with the photographer. This will give you clues about his personality.
- Ask as many questions as you can from the photographer regarding his work and the service. Some of the common questions include:
- How long have you been in this business?
- Do you have any references?
- Do you know about the venue beforehand?
- Are there any samples of your work?
- Do you come with backup equipment on the site?
- Are you flexible to changes in the schedule at the last minute?
- It is not just you who is supposed to ask questions, the event photographer must ask questions too. Professionals always ask their clients about their vision and expectations from the job.
If you are comfortable with the response of the photographer and you think he can handle your event, then go ahead and hire him.
Fine Aperture Photography is based in Minneapolis, MN and specializes in Corporate Event Photography, Aerial Drone Photography, Industrial and Real Estate Photography